Contact Deb Spencer or Lori Udovich for more information
Phone: 218-258-8991 ext. 2124
Phone: 218-258-8991 ext. 2126
ECFE classes are geared for families who have children under the age of five years old. During our 2 hour class, families will experience parent-child time, circle time, and then parent time. Parents will enjoy doing activities with their child during parent-child time. Some of the activities will include a sensory table, playdo, painting, art, games & toys as well as meeting new friends. During circle time, the early childhood teacher will lead families through large group activities. Some of the activities may be but not limited to - singing a welcome song, finger plays, movement, and stories. While parents gather and discuss topics pertinent to parenting and child development, children will enjoy a snack and learning and playtime activities with staff and other children. Many parents have commented..... I came for my child but stayed for myself. Our classes run mid-September - to the end of April each year.
Class times on Mondays:
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
We look forward to seeing returning and new families alike! A parent or special adult must attend with the child. If you would like to give ECFE a try, please come to the class that best fits your schedule.
*** SPECIAL NOTE: The State of Minnesota requires that all children participating in ECFE and/or Learning/School Readiness programs need to be up-to-date on all immunizations in order to attend. Please double check with your physician that your child is up-to-date on immunizations so there are no missed school days.
Fall 2018 Schedule of Events:
Cherry School Open House: Thursday, August 30, 4:00 - 7:00 PM
ECFE Open House & Registration: Monday, September 10, 3:15 - 6:00 PM
ECFE Classes begin Monday, September 17!
Parent Resource Library:
The St. Louis County School District has an online resource library for parents which can be located here.
Local Community Events:
Car Seat Clinics
Car Seat technicians and practitioners are available to check your car seat for proper use and installation. Please allow 30 minutes per seat check. Sponsored by Mesabi Safe Communities Coalition, Fairview Range, AAA of Minnesota/Iowa, and the Hibbing Fire Department. By appointments only: Cheryl 218-312-3012 or Roberta 218-929-3334.
Arrowhead Library System
Bookmobile at the Crossroads in Iron
Visit your local library on wheels, Arrowhead Library System bookmobile. Books and reading with your child play such an important role in their learning! Go get some books for the whole family to enjoy!
Free Summer Activities for Families:
Movies in the Park - Eveleth Veterans Park on Ely Lake
June 29 - Wrinkle in Time
July 27 - CoCo
August 31 - Sherlock Gnomes
Local Public Libraries and Activities
Eveleth Library - With Weekly Drawings! 218-744-7499
*Story time - Tuesdays at 10:30 AM
*Midweek Movies - Wednesdays at 1 PM
*Family Game Night - Thursdays at 6 PM
*Make & Take Crafts and Activities - All day on Fridays
* Monday, June 4: Summer Reading Sign-up Starts *Monday, June 11: Summer Reading Kickoff
*Friday, June 22 at 10 AM: Bordini Comedy Magic Show
*Monday, July 16 at 10 AM: Sean Emory- Juggler
*Friday, July 27 at 10:30 AM: Summer Reading Wrap up Party & Last day to turn in reading logs
*Monday, July 30: Grand Prize Drawing!
*Story time - Tuesdays at 10:30 AM
Mt. Iron Library
*Monday, June 25 at 2 PM: Brodini Comedy Magic Show
* Check out their website for activities: http://www.hibbing.mn.us/residents/library
SONGS & FINGERPLAYS
- There was a class that had a girl/boy and ________was her/his name, oh. Jump, jump,_________, jump, jump, ____________, jump, jump, ___________. We’re glad you’re here today!
- Tommy Thumb is up and Tommy Thumb is down, Tommy Thumb is dancing, all around the town. Dancing on my shoulders, dancing on my head, dancing on my knees, I tuck him into bed. Peter Pointer’s up and Peter Pointer’s down, Peter Pointer’s dancing, all around the town. Dancing on my shoulders, dancing on my head, dancing on my knees, I tuck him into bed. Polly Pinky’s up and Polly Pinky’s down, Polly Pinky’s dancing, all around the town. Dancing on my shoulders, dancing on my head, dancing on my knees, I tuck her into bed.
- It’s time to clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere. Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share.